My name is Anthony. Currently, I am a university student studying sociology and recreation. Two things which I have a passion for. In case you do not know what sociology is, it is “the systematic study of the relationship between the individual and the society and of the consequences of difference.” See the related articles to what and why sociology is important. I also study recreation because it is part of my lifestyle, but also because it is important in everyone’s life, along with leisure and play. See http://www.ithaca.edu/hshp/depts/rls/ for why recreation is important.
So, obviously, recreation is important to me and I do a lot of it. I enjoy being outdoors. I am an explorer and adventurer. I enjoy hiking (especially with Geocaching, which I also take part it), backpacking, camping, mountaineering, canyoneering, and other activities which I can escape into mountains. Rock climbing has been a recent endeavor of mine. There is something so raw and powerful about using your own strength to scale a rock, or metaphorically, an obstacle. When it isn’t too cold outside, you may find me on a stand-up paddleboard, on a rowboat, or in a kayak.
When I’m not outside, I enjoy watching movies and listening to music. You may catch me in front of a pan cooking away or baking some bread (one of my favorite foods). I love Italian cuisine. Reading is something I occasionally do, when I am not reading textbooks for my classes. I also play a range of stringed instruments and I sing.
I may also be spotted in museums. There is something about history that is fascinating and it’s ability to connect us to our roots. This is why I enjoy letter-writing, calligraphy, train rides (travel in general), candles, lanterns, Latin, journals, and visiting significant locations with important history, especially National Parks, monuments, etc..
12 Random Facts About Me (in no particular order)
1. I’m an INTJ, by the Myers-Briggs Personality Test.
2. I enjoy making candles, lanterns, and woodworking. I have made an entire bedroom set in high school woodshop, all out of rustic maple.
3. If I had a boat, I would call her Quo Vadis, which is Latin means “Where are you going?” or Our Lady of the Lake.
4. I love sailing, but, as of recent, have never been sailing and I am still figuring out where this love came from.
5. I am Roman Catholic.
6. If I could travel the world, I would live out of my suitcase. I love postcards, but it is too bad that fewer and fewer people send them. I’m also a postcrosser on http://www.postcrossing.com.
7. I would love to learn Italian, Spanish, and Latin…all Romanic languages.
8. I’m an Air Force brat. This is probably where I get my love for traveling.
9. I have too many favorite songs. These are three of my all-time favorites:
10. My favorite color is either black (I know, that’s all the colors combined or the absence of light), red, orange, green, or blue.
11. I love collecting quotes. “Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we’re quoting.”
12. Some ask what Camminatore AFK stand for…camminatore is Italian for hiker or walker. AFK are my initials.
- Why Sociology? (everydaysociologyblog.com)
- Why Major in Sociology? (everydaysociologyblog.com)
- A Begginer’s Guide for Cooking (chilliesnonions.wordpress.com)
- How To Become A Better Cook Quickly (easyhomemadechocolate.com)
- 25 Crazy Rock Climbing Photographs That Will Make Your Palms Sweat (list25.com)
- INDOOR ROCK CLIMBING: Exercise in Recovery (tpextendedcare.com)
- Myers-Briggs Assessment Paper (buybestessayscheap.wordpress.com)
- What is Sociology? (zlesperance.wordpress.com)
- The dilemma of INTJs (sioweelin.wordpress.com)